Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Monster Mash

Halloween is such a fun time to make art.  I found this awesome lesson idea from a blog called ARTventurous.  I absolutely loved this idea and knew I needed to test it out with my students. To get the students familiar with Frankenstein, I pulled up this version of the Monster Mash.  They loved it and it really helped set the mood fro the art making too!



From there, I distributed black crayons for students to make their initial drawing.  I walked them through how to make a FrankenKid head and body.  They then took it upon themselves to various monster elements to their creation.

Step one, draw FrankenKid
Step two, add green monster skin and electricity coming from FrankenKid

After the drawing were complete, students were given watercolors to paint in the background and explore crayon resist.  They always smile to see how the crayon repels the water.




 The finish products came out great!  I really love how all the FrankenKids are busting a move to the Monster Mash!




No comments:

Post a Comment